This is an attempt of a version of Dr BBQ's rib recipe.
First thing was to buy the best ribs I could find. I wound up purchasing them from Whole Foods. They went as far as to pull the membrane off them.....yeah for me.
Once home I applied EVOO and plenty of Bad Byrons, sraped them in plastic wrap and put them in the fridge for the night.
The goal was a 6 pm dinner so I pulled them from the fridge between 10:30 - 11 to get them up to room temperature for the 1pm start time.
I got the BGE up to 275 and stabalized around 12:30 and let it sit for a bit. I then added the Apple wood chunks, put in the plate setter, a drip pan and the grate. And finally pplaced the ribs in a rack on the grill.
At about the 3 hour mark the ribs were pulled from the grill in put into the foil packs. The packs included brown sugar, honey and apple juice.One the foil packs were completed they were placed back on the grill for about 90 mins at 275.
On the 90 mins were up, the ribs were removed from the foil packs, placed back on the grill and I covered them with sweet baby rays. The idea was to flip them multiple times but at this point they were starting to all apart so I only flipped them once.
And yes they were good.



No comments:
Post a Comment